Navigation Pages

| HOME | SHOP | TRAVEL | FASHION |

Friday, July 23, 2010

Find Your Way: Retracing My Footstep


My Lìsek Experience
(Training course in the Czech Republic, 23.7.-1.8.2010)

I cannot believe that it's almost over. Our time in Lísek was filled with so many different things. At first, I was hesitant to come to this TC but decided to go anyway, after filling up some forms and writing some essays about my desire to attend this course.

At first, I needed to contact the other German participants, but since I wasn't a full-blooded German, I thought I'd better leave them to do their preparation. So I did my own little preparation intended for the intercultural evening how I see fit. I was born and raised in the Philippines, I haven't found my real attachment to my newfound residence yet. Germany is a culture apart from what I have learned in my life. I did my learning only when I lived here. It was in 1996 when I first immersed myself in the German culture and society as well as the European ones.

Going back to the course, I decided to travel a day earlier to be able to see more and enjoy the sights and sounds of Prague, the capital of Czech Republic. It was fascinating as it was in my recollections when I was there the first time 10 years ago. I had to find the stations where they have this tube going down very deep inside the belly of the underground transportations system. I felt scared back then upon riding those escalators. It did not take me long to find Malostranská station since Prague has only three underground metro lines, the red, yellow and green.

I went around without any real plan and just to get lost on my way to be able to discover unknown spots. I use to do that in a new city to get the feeling of discovering things. I then found myself in the old town square and saw the groups who are offering a "free" guided tour. But of course "free" does not necessarily mean absolutely free. You do give a fair amount of donation to the guides (basically a local). I decided to take a guided tour on foot around town. That way, it brought me back old familiar feelings while wandering around town. The day ended in a little pub next to the river overlooking the castle while enjoying a nice supper and a cold beer.

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment